Who are we looking for?
- Successful applicants require high level engineering skills. Candidates are likely to have a Civil Engineering background although students from cognate engineering or scientific fields will be considered. Some applicants may have industrial experience.
- Students are expected to have an upper second class (2.1) or first class honours degree from a UK university or an equivalent standard from an overseas university.
- Candidates must have completed a four-year degree or a three-year degree and a Masters course.
- Entrance is competitive and successful applicants are likely to have high academic achievements.
- Funding (fees+stipend) is available to students who are eligible for ESPRC awards. However, the programme has some flexibility and discretion to support the very best students (1 student per intake) wherever they may come from (EU, international or otherwise) so there may well be opportunities arising for those individuals who would not normally meet the eligibility requirements for EPSRC funding.