- I am not a UK/EU resident. Am I eligible to apply?
Students who are not a UK/EU residents are eligible to apply. You can apply regardless of nationality or residency.
- Am I eligible for EPSRC funding?
Eligibility for EPSRC Funding is dependent on your residency status, please see below;
UK Nationals - UK applicants that have settled status in the UK and have studied or worked in the UK for the past 3 years are eligible for full fees and stipend.
EU Nationals - due to the EU referendum, please see this link http://www.cam.ac.uk/eu
Non-EU applicants - Non-EU applicants that have settled status in the UK and have worked in the UK (this does not include full time education) for the past 3 years are eligible for full fees and stipend.
For further information on eligibility please see the EPSRC website.
- Do you have other sources of funding?
- My background is not in civil engineering. Can I still apply?
- What are the minimum requirements for the FIBE-CDT programme?
- How would I determine the equivalent grading standard for my university/country?
- My first language is not English, what do I need to do?
- I have already completed an MRes degree, can I only attend/register for the PhD years?
This programme has an integrated MRes year, which students must complete. It is not possible for students to register for the PhD years only. Applicants wishing to begin study at the University of Cambridge with PhD should refer to the Department of Engineering pages for details of direct entry to PhD study.
- Does the programme accept self-funded (scholarships, other University and/or governmental funded) students?